- Request a tour of the office building and campus grounds
- Don’t be afraid to ask how many candidates are they interviewing for the position?
- In what time frame are they looking to fill the position? Are they in a rush because someone recently left in a vital role? Or are they taking a much slower and more methodical approach, potentially filling a newly created role?
- If you can manage a day off from your current working situation, request an opportunity to shadow an employee who represents the same or similar work you as the potential new hire would be doing.
- Here’s one that’s commonly not thought of… Ask how the company invest in it’s own employees. Are there regular occurring work social events? Do they offer financial support for those who return to school for additional degrees? Do they offer occasional career/professional development workshops? Do they allow for travel opportunities? Do they invest in having employees go to seminars and conferences in their career field?
By: Corbin Pickett